Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Arrival



Thanks to all of you who prayed, left comments, and thought of us while we were gone! Since I have some time that I'm back I plan to write a post for each day we were gone. So continue to check the blog for the next few weeks. I believe Melissa will do the same.

In the four hour layover I had some time to journal and rest. Melissa got a little sleep on the plane but I couldn't so I just watched movies and listened to music on the way there. We watched the sunrise coming up, which was amazing! Melissa also got some sleep during the layover. I had to stay up and make sure no one took our stuff. The bathrooms by the way were easy to find and the paper is different haha. CDG airport is huge! It wasn't that had to find were to go, yet I was a little stressed during the part of getting though the airport. We had to take a bus from one terminal to the one we needed to be at. We got on our connecting flight to Strasbourg. We went on a much smaller plane. It actually wasn't attached to the airport, we had to walk outside and walk up steps to get on the plane. It reminded me of the ones you always see the presidents coming out of!

We met up with Jessa from Boston at the airport. My suitcase jammed and I had to carry the heavy thing all the way to the taxi and then to where we were going to sleep. When we got to the location and slept for an hour before they served supper. To drink we drank apfle schorle or as us American girls called it "apple pop". It was fizzy apple juice. We ended up drinking that the whole first week. It was room temperature, not very refreshing!

They had devotions after supper. It was a mini service with two worship songs and a small teaching. It was really hard to stay awake. Jet lag was really kicking in! We were so tired we went to bed as soon as it was over. The first week I slept in a huge building right next to the bathroom. The only bad part is I heard the door open and close all night long. I thought that was bad until the train the week after.

~Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to reading your posts about your trip! Thank you for taking the time to do all this typing.

    Good to have you home.

    Love,
    Mrs. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the pictures are BEAUTIFUL. So glad you are both home safe and sound. I'll definitely check back and read all about your adventures. I'm really looking forward to reading about how you ministered and all you experienced. See you Sunday!

    Love, Mrs. K.

    ReplyDelete